If you would like to join our elite team of writers, can commit to writing three articles per month, and believe that you have what it takes, follow the application guidelines below.
Send an email to email@example.com with your name, contact information, and responses to the following questions:
- Why do you want to write for Being Latino, Inc.?
- How will your articles contribute to the Being Latino, Inc. community?
- What are some of your topics of interest? How do those topics relate to writing for Being Latino, Inc.?
- What are your writing credentials, if any?
- Readers often share dissenting opinions, sometimes in a negative manner. How will you deal with those comments?
- What are your expectations upon entering into a working relationship with Being Latino?
For your writing sample, please choose two Being Latino articles that you enjoyed. Tell us why you enjoyed them. Choose one and rewrite or expand based on your writing style or approach.
Please allow seven to fourteen days for review of your application. If your application is approved, you will receive the following:
- You will enter into a 60-day/6-article probation period
- Receive article submission guidelines, including checklist
- The opportunity to be part of the best Latino online magazine on the web!
After the probationary period, staff writers receive the following:
- Bio in the About Us section
- A space in the author’s grid located on the home page
- A portrait by our resident artist, Xeno Martinez
I understand that if I am accepted as a Being Latino Online Magazine contributor, I will commit to the following:
? Submit three articles per month. Articles must be:
- ? A maximum of two-three paragraphs or 500 words. This will be strictly enforced.
- ? Relevant to the Latino community or a reflection of YOUR perspective as a Latino.
- ? Free of profanity or vulgar language.
- ? Free of self-promotion or advertisement. The sole purpose of the magazine is to educate the reader.
- ? Original content, exclusive to the Being Latino Online Magazine.
? Become a reader/supporter of other Being Latino contributors
? Submit completed article (see submission guidelines) by 9:00 a.m. EST on Friday for publishing the following week.