BEING LATINO, INC.
Last Updated: August 24, 2016
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us on our Site. We may collect and store any information you provide us when you use Being Latino, Inc., including when you add information on a web form, add or update your account information, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolutions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding Being Latino, Inc.
When you use Being Latino, Inc., we also collect information about your transactions and your activities. In addition, if you use Being Latino, Inc., we may collect the following types of information:
· Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
· Financial information, such as the full bank account numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your Being Latino, Inc. account or give us when you use Being Latino, Inc.
· Detailed personal information such as your date of birth.
We may also collect information from or about you from other sources, such as through your contact with us, including our customer support team, your results when you respond to a survey, your interactions with members of the Being Latino, Inc. corporate family or other companies (subject to their privacy policies and applicable law), and from other accounts we have reason to believe you control (whether in part or in whole). Additionally, for quality and training purposes or for its own protection, Being Latino, Inc. may monitor or record its telephone conversations with you or anyone acting on your behalf. By communicating with Being Latino, Inc., you acknowledge that your communication may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning.
Cookies. We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of Being Latino, Inc., and to help us personalize and improve your experience.
· We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
· We use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
· We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
· We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
· We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
· We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
· We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
· We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
· process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
· verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes;
· resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
· manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
· detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or applicable user agreements;
· improve the Being Latino, Inc. by customizing your user experience;
· provide targeted marketing and advertising, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
· contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our User Agreement;
· perform creditworthiness and solvency checks, compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How We Protect and Store Personal Information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in North America, and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
· We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
· We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
· We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
o We may share information to comply with laws.
o We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
o We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
· We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Being Latino, Inc.
31 West 125th Street
New York, New York 10027