Hola Mi Gente!
Rafael Marquez here with a very special podcast interview for you. Given the time of year and that a lot of high school seniors and their parents, as well as folks already in college, you may be wondering about how to pay for college in the fall. I wanted to share this special interview with you.
This podcast has the distinction of having multiple firsts. It’s my first podcast about higher education, my first podcast about Latino issues and it’s also my first ever with a co-host, CJ Legare from Hope and Love 4 Kids joined me.
It’s an interview that I was able to do with Michelle Lopez.
Who is Michelle Lopez?
She is the Associate Director of Student Development and Retention at Texas State University in San Marcos, TX.
The interview is focused on higher education and more specifically on:
- How to pay for a college education
- What you as a parent, or as a student interested in going to college, can do to ensure you can fund your college education
- How to make the most of your time on campus
- How to pick the right school to go to
- What types of students are most involved with their campus communities
- Other challenges that Latino, and other student groups face when pursuing a college education
After I recorded the interview, this new article came out on Inside Higher Ed that says that nowadays there are more Latino women in college than there are men.
Let me know what you think of this interview in the comments. Specifically, I’d like to know if you think I should I delve more into Latino issues like this in a new and different podcast series?
by Rafael Marquez
To learn more about Rafael, visit Marketing Latinos.