TALLARINES EN SALSA DE ESPINACA (SPAGHETIS IN SPINACH SAUCE)
Today I am going to show you how to make simple, fast and tasty spaghetti in spinach sauce.
The spinach is a leafy vegetable, with broad green leaves. It ranks high among all green vegetables. The leaves are cooling and very nutritive. The chemical constituents of spinach are essential amino acids, iron, vitamin A and folic acid. It is one of the cheapest vegetables which supply the same amount of protein as one gets from the same quantity of meat, fish, eggs and chicken.
- 1/2 kg (1 lb) of cooked spaghettis
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 4 bunches of spinach, cooked
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) of peeled walnuts
- 1 cup of ground pork
- Parmesan cheese
- Fry the onion and add the pork on simmer heat.
- Season and cook well.
- Blend the spinach and walnuts.
- Add this mix to the pork and let it boil for 10-15 min.
- Mix this sauce with the spaghettis and sprinkle parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- You may accompany with a fried stake of your choice if desired
By guest contributor, Chef Cristian Escalante.